Tomorrow morning I'll welcome my new 4th grade class at East-West International School. It's a full class, and I'm looking forward to getting to know them. Some I already know a little bit, and others I don't. Either way, I've got name tags ready for them all so I can quickly put the correct names to the faces (hopefully). Their books are all sorted and labelled, bookmarks are ready for home and in-class reading. Book boxes for "The Daily 5" are ready to go. My CAFE board is also ready to go. Lessons are planned for tomorrow, including a fun craft activity to finish the day.
So did I achieve everything on my summer "To Do" list? Not really, but I'm not stressing over it. One of the things I did finish was a Book Club for a book called "Awakened".
Some of the things I did achieve include:
- taking photos for the math manipulatives catalogue,
- getting set up for The Daily 5 and CAFE,
- getting those workbooks checked and copied,
- catching up with a friend and her daughter in Bangkok,
- seeing a movie,
- doing some swimming and helping keep the pool clean,
- losing some weight (I've still got a way to go, but I'm heading in the right direction),
- some piano practice (not as much as I'd like but some is better than none),
- getting started on my studies,
- reading some novels,
Well, I've still got a few things I want to do before I go to bed, so I'm signing off for now. My cold has almost gone, with just a residual cough, so I'm hoping to get back into the pool very soon.
Looking forward to a great first day of school tomorrow! :)