30 December 2010

Looking back

As I write this entry there is just one day to go in 2010. It has been a year of change, of being broken, and of growth. It has also been a year of much pleasure, especially as I watched my students grow and mature. Here's a list of just a few of the events of this year.

January
  • Greg & Srey Dawson's wedding
  • Starting school again at the new Logos campus
  • 46th Birthday
February
  • Annual Logos Carnival & 1st ever Book Fair
  • News that I was not being offered a contract at Logos for the 2010-11 school year
  • Weekend escape to Bangkok
  • Northbridge Invitation Field Day for Grades 3 to 5
March
  • Continuing lack of electricity at school as the weather warms up
  • Highs and lows in the job search
  • Report cards
  • Brokenness before our Heavenly Father
  • Loving care of friends & reassurances of God's loving hands holding me up
April
  • SATs
  • Easter
  • Khmer New Year (holidays - hooray)
  • A growing knowledge of the special needs of my friend's baby (born in December)
  • The importance and joy of honest and loving friends
  • A contract for 2010
May
  • Electricity at last!
  • I'm teaching 3rd grade next year!
  • Time with friends
  • More report cards
  • Last day of school
  • Packing up!
  • Farewells (at school and church)
June
  • Holidays down under
  • Lots of appointments
  • Orff Schulwerk workshop
July
  • Refresh 2010 in Chiang Mai
  • Flight of the Gibbon
  • Holidaying in Chiang Mai - fun with Relle, Robyn & Terry
  • Coming Home to Phnom Penh
  • Information received at last - working through issues & learning
August
  • Relaxing, sorting, planning, learning
  • A new start at a new school
  • Flooded roads
  • First day with my new class
September
  • Precious memories
  • Swimming lessons
  • Getting sick
  • Lots of fun in the classroom
  • Starting the classroom library
  • Getting to know my students
October
  • Lots of learning
  • Skipping rope
  • More floods - even nastier than last time
  • Writing stories
  • Getting letters and writing them
  • Visiting the police station
November
  • Sharing writing
  • Cold weather
  • "I like Maths now!"
  • Clowns
  • Water Festival - the stampede
  • Mourning and thanksgiving
  • More germs
  • Leaking fuel
December
  • Busy days
  • Jigsaw puzzles
  • Classroom observations
  • Time to reflect and think about "control"
  • Traffic
  • Bush Dancing
  • Cookery
  • Christmas in Cambodia
As I look back over the year, I have to admit that it hasn't been the easiest of years, but God never said life would be easy. I will definitely admit that I have learned a lot this year. I've learned a lot about myself, and done a lot of thinking about how I live my life. If you had told me on the 1st of January 2010 that I would still be in Cambodia on the 31st December 2010, I wouldn't have been surprised, but if you'd also told me that I wouldn't be at Logos any more, and that I'd be teaching 3rd grade at a secular school, I probably wouldn't have believed you. Isn't God's timing wonderful. Through out this year, I would have to say the most valuable thing for me has been the assurance of God's loving care and His plan for my life. Thanks God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments with hyperlinks to other sites will not be published on this site.