17 February 2012

Friday Night Moves

After a busy week at school, it seemed like a good idea to go out for a quiet meal with a friend this evening. I headed to a favourite restaurant as soon as I had finished tutoring, and enjoyed dessert and a delicious mango shake (sans milk) while I waited. Since I knew it would be a while before she arrived, I packed some papers that needed grading into my backpack, so it was also productive time.

We enjoyed our meal together, then I suggested we go for a walk. The Phnom Penh riverside has been "renovated" in the last couple of years, and it's now a popular place for locals and tourists alike to relax in the evenings. As we wandered along, we heard music, then stopped a while to watch "Friday Night Moves". The photos aren't great, but here's what we were watching.


At the front of the group is a guy who shows everyone what moves to do. It's pretty low impact with many of the moves in the style of traditional Khmer dancing (most often seen at weddings). It was fun to watch the little kids trying to follow along what the adults were doing. Sometimes it was more active than others (depending on the music) but everyone seemed to be having fun!

And just in case you were wondering, no, I didn't join in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments with hyperlinks to other sites will not be published on this site.