05 May 2013

Bella Voce Spring Concert 2013

The last two weeks have been rather busy, but it has been fun too. With just two weeks to go to the Spring Concert, we were still struggling to pull some of the songs together, so we had practice on both Monday and Tuesday nights for the last two weeks, as well as one last Saturday afternoon. By Tuesday night this week, we were beginning to feel like it might all come together. We had one final rehearsal on Saturday afternoon at the concert venue before our performance that evening. The rehearsal went OK, but I knew there were bits I still wasn't confident of. I snuck a couple of minutes at the piano before the doors opened, and hoped for the best. Here are a couple of shots taken during that final rehearsal.



While the hall wasn't as full as it had been for the Christmas concert there was still a good crowd, and our program was well received. And as for those bits I wasn't sure of, well I nailed them during the performance. Musically we were challenged by several of the pieces this season, especially with the harmonies, but they were fun and I will miss choir practice during the coming weeks until we reconvene for our next season. Instead I will turn my attention back to my piano playing, and have some lessons and get practising again. We will also be starting to work on our class performance for the EWIS end of year concert, so I won't have time to be bored.

And to finish off, here are a couple of shots taken during the actual performance, thanks to a friend of mine.

 
PostScript: Here's a link to a video of the first half of the concert,
thanks to the folk at the InterContinental Hotel.

2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    About to move to Phnom Penh, I'd love to find a way to practise music with others, and the Bella Voce Choir seems very interesting. Would you give me more information please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there.

      If you are serious about joining the Bella Voce Choir, please post a comment with your e-mail address and full name. I will not publish that comment, but will send you information about practices, etc.

      Karen

      Delete

Comments with hyperlinks to other sites will not be published on this site.