28 June 2010

Lifelong learning - Music

Today was a great opportunity for me to continue the lifelong learning process that's important for teachers in the 21st century. A friend just happened to ask a colleague if there was anything she could do to help with an Orff-Schulwerk workshop being run at her school this week. The response was that providing some bodies to boost numbers would be helpful, and so I was volunteered. When we arrived I was asked to join the Level 2 course, even though I've never done anything like this before, since that was where their numbers were low. There were workshops on Technique, Movement, Recorder, Orchestration, Pedagogy, and Vocalisation, and while I struggled with some of the terminology and prior knowledge, I was actually able to actively participate in most of the activities, and I learned so much that I'd love to be able to do the whole course. Maybe next time I'm in Australia I'll be able to do that, meanwhile, I'm really looking forward to tomorrow and learning some more. Praise God for this opportunity to learn more that will enable me to serve Him better as I return to Cambodia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments with hyperlinks to other sites will not be published on this site.