16 January 2013

Meet the newest member of Grade 4K

Hello everyone, my name is Lamb Chop, and I've just joined Grade 4K at East-West International School.

First thing this morning I was a very naughty lamb. I kept shouting "I want a story! I want a story!" Eventually Miss Karen said that if I was a good lamb and did well on my Spelling Test today, and my Maths Test tomorrow I can have a story on Friday. So now I'm trying really hard to be a good lamb.

Later in the day I helped Miss Karen with the maths lesson. She was talking about really hard stuff - per... per... permets? perims? permitres? No, that's not it. Oh, yeah, Perimeters. Some of those kids were really clever. So now I know that a perimeter is the distance around the outside of a shape, and you can work it out using measurement and multiplication. See, aren't I clever!

Some of the girls wanted me to go swimming with them today. Miss Karen said I couldn't, and I'm so glad. I wouldn't want to get my beautiful white wool all wet. I might drown. I don't think I'd be a very good swimmer.

Well, Miss Karen wants to write something, so I'd better sign off for now. Lovely to meet you all. Don't forget to come back and say "Hi" some time.

*****************************************************************

So now you've met the latest addition to my classroom. Lamb Chop was one of my purchases on a recent visit to IKEA in Thailand during the "Winter" break. I think he's pretty cute, and my students love him, and I can see us having lots of fun in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments with hyperlinks to other sites will not be published on this site.