On the same wall above that were two screws! Hooray. Now I can hang my small magnetic whiteboard and my small corkboard up. I tried other types of hooks for these items, but they just didn't work, so I've been waiting about 3 weeks for these to be installed. Unfortunately at the same time as I got sick, so did our maintenance man. Yep, little things bring a smile.
So this is what the wall behind my desk now looks like.
That white track down the corner hides the wiring for the power outlet. Very neat and tidy, thank you very much. I'm not sure it would be legal in Australia to have powerpoints on the same circuit as the air-conditioner, but I'm pretty sure that's what they've done. Hey, electricity is electricity, and I'm not going to be complaining.
While I had the camera out, I thought I'd take a couple more photos. The first is inside the classroom, showing an updated view of my English Language Arts wall, now we've started adding strategies to the CAFE board, and there are more posters up.
Finally, I've included a couple of photos of the view out of one of my classroom windows.
I now have to keep the blinds closed all the time, as there is a lot of welding going on out there. I need to protect my students' eyes (as well as those of the adults in the room). I also know that if I left the blinds open I would have several boys (and maybe some girls) who would find it very hard to concentrate on school work. The cement floor you can see is level with the third floor (the one below my classroom). There's at least one more floor still to be poured.
Well, that's it for this week. Time to finish off a few jobs, do some laundry and get some sleep.