03 September 2011

Reconnecting

Way back in January/February 2003, and again in 2004, I had the privilege of working with a team from Calvary Church in Pennsylvania doing childcare at a PITAR retreat in Thailand. I made some great friends during those two trips, some of whom I'm still in touch with. A couple of years ago, my principal said he would be bringing a visitor to my classroom after school. I was delighted to reconnect with Jody Williams, who was in Cambodia with her husband Brian, looking at ministry opportunities. A couple of months ago, Jody and Brian arrived in Phnom Penh to begin language study. Today, I finally had a chance to catch up with Jody over brunch. Jody, having been a preschool director, and with many years of teaching Early Childhood, was particularly interested in finding out what I have discovered about education here in Cambodia. I'm far from expert on the subject, but I do know that while things are slowly improving, there's still a long way to go. It was great to be able to share with her some of the good things that I know are happening, at East-West International School, where I am now, and at Logos & Asian Hope International Schools. It's always exciting to know that experienced educators are in Cambodia, and willing to share their experience with the Cambodian people. For me, it was a reminder of the friends God has given me across the world, many of whom have a heart to share Jesus love with children, and with other people as well. I pray that God will lead Jody and Brian into the perfect ministry for their skills and experience. It's great having them here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments with hyperlinks to other sites will not be published on this site.