12 February 2010

Contemplating the future

Jeremiah 29:11 says this "I say this because I know what I am planning for you," says the Lord. "I have good plans for you, not plans to hurt you. I will give you and a good future".

Why am I thinking about this verse? That's easy, because right now I have no idea what the future holds for me past the end of May 2010. This afternoon I was told that I will not be offered a contract for next year at Logos International School in Phnom Penh.

I'm disappointed about this, but know that God is in control, and He obviously has other plans for me. It's hard to be told that you're not the right fit for the job you've been doing for 3 years, and it hurts, especially when you only want what is best for your students, and want them to be the best they can be. I still believe that it was God who led me to Cambodia, and to Logos, and I've always said that I would be here for as long as God wanted me here. It seems like He's got other plans for me and whether they are in Phnom Penh, or elsewhere in the world, I just do not know. Now I have to be patient and wise, as I seek His guidance over the coming days, weeks, and months.

Having said this, I was also told that I'm a great teacher, and the work I put into it was acknowledged, with the suggestion that I would probably be better suited to teaching Middle School students (Grades 6 through 8), but that there are no vacancies in that area of Logos at the moment, and that the principal would be happy to give me a recommendation for teaching Middle School, so all is not totally wasted. When God closes a door, He opens a window. Now I need to be patient and see where that open window is.

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow
Because He lives, all fear is gone
Because I know he holds the future
And life is worth the living, just because He lives.

1 comment:

  1. Why don't you come and join us at CAJ? They need a middle school (probably gr 6) English, History, Bible teacher from August!

    ReplyDelete

Comments with hyperlinks to other sites will not be published on this site.