15 February 2010

Not all work!

This evening when I came home from school I decided it was time to try out that banana cake recipe I downloaded from the internet. It was really simple and I had all the ingredients (the incentive was the left over bananas from the carnival which were just right for cake). In the absence of real cake tins, I had purchased a package of aluminium foil food containers about the right size, and one of them was just perfect. In addition to that I had no trouble getting it out. Here's the evidence. It tastes yummy too! Thanks Jenny & Murray for making this treat possible.
And yes, that top is crunchy. I can't remember where I got the recipe but it was really easy, because you don't have to cream the butter & sugar (a real challenge without a mixer). Instead you melt the butter, sugar and vanilla together first, then add the other ingredients progressively to the saucepan. Now that's very helpful too when you don't actually own any proper mixing bowls. If I was staying in Phnom Penh, both these things would be on my shopping list for this weekend in BKK, but as it is I'm not sure. Maybe. Maybe not.

OK. I'd better go and at least open my resume. I'm waiting on replies to some e-mails before I can finalise it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments with hyperlinks to other sites will not be published on this site.