25 March 2010

God will make a way

God will make a way, where there seems to be no way.
He works in ways we cannot see,
He will make a way for me.
He will be my guide, hold me closely to his side,
with love and strength for each new day.
He will make a way, he will make a way.

By a roadway in the wilderness he'll lead me,
and rivers in the desert will I see;
heaven and earth will fade,
but his Word will still remain,
he will do something new today.
by Don Moen, Copyright 1990 Integrity's Hosanna! Music.

This song, together with the old hymn "I surrender all" were on my mind as I rode my moto across town to an interview at HOPE International School yesterday afternoon. I'd dashed home from school to have a shower and return my hair to it's normal state of chaos following Crazy Hair Day, and then headed down the dike road to the other Christian International School in Phnom Penh. God had blessed me with an opportunity to meet with the Director and the Secondary Principal. It was a good meeting, and I answered their sometimes challenging questions as openly and honestly as I could. I think the hardest question I got asked was "what are your strengths?". It's not because I don't have any, but more because I find it hard to "sell myself". At the end of the interview I had the opportunity to ask them what positions they were looking to fill that I might fit. As it turns out, there was no specific position, since they have recently filled or had staff extend to fill the positions they were previously looking to fill, but there are some possibilities that may open up, or may not. Whatever the outcome, I'm content to leave the situation there in God's hands. If it is God's will for me to stay on in Cambodia, then I know that He will provide the right position for me. I know I still have much to learn as a teacher, and that I need to continue to grow in my relationship with God, and as a person, but one thing I'm learning through all that has happened is that God is in control, and that I can trust Him to provide what I need, at just the right time, and in just the right way.

Well, that's it for the serious stuff. Here's a picture of some of my students and their crazy hair!
And the 4th grade winner was "Toothpaste girl"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments with hyperlinks to other sites will not be published on this site.