05 March 2010

It's Friday - Hooray - It was a long week

Hooray for five days off! Yes. It's been a long time coming, but I'm really glad it is finally here.

Officially it's a public holiday on Monday, but Logos has taken two other Cambodian holidays and given them to us this weekend instead of on the actual official day. That means I can really have this weekend off, and then spend Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday at school getting caught up on grading, writing report cards, and planning for the coming week or two. Please pray that I will be disciplined to achieve what I need to achieve.

Meanwhile I am waiting to hear about job applications I have placed with different schools, to see where God is leading me for the future. Will it be Malaysia? Will it be Indonesia? Will it be ??? I know He has a place for me, and I'm hoping and praying that it will be somewhere in Asia, but I'm not definitely sure yet. I have also been invited to apply for some positions in China and Bangladesh, but don't have the strength of feeling about them that I have about Malaysia. I hope I hear soon. I'm not very good at waiting, but God is helping me with that. Please pray for God's clear leading on this matter too.

It's been a difficult week this week, and I've been just plodding along, one day at a time, but God has been very good to me. He has provided me with the right people at just the right times, as well as a sense of His presence. He has also continued to remind me of His loving care in the various scripture readings in my devotional booklet this week, as well as through music. One morning I selected a CD at random from the few adult worship CDs I have in my classroom, and the words of the songs were just what I needed. If you are struggling and in need of encouragement, get hold of Michael W. Smith's Worship albumn. I know it's fairly old, but the songs were just what I needed at this point in time. In addition to that, this break has definitely come at a time when I very much need it. God is good, and His ways are way beyond our comprehension.

Well, with the temperature still 30 degrees Celsius and humidity back up to 62%, having peaked at 36 degrees & 37% humidity at 1.30pm and stayed there for two hours, I think the time has come to retreat to the bedroom and turn the air-conditioning on. The temperature will probably drop to about 25 degrees overnight, but humidity will climb up to around 90%, so the air-con is as much about reducing the humidity as about getting cool. I continue to praise God that the area that I live in is also home to some very rich/powerful people, and as a result we very rarely lose power for any length of time, which means I can usually get a comfortable night's rest.

So what am I going to do with my "free" time this weekend. Hmmm! Let me think about that. A haircut is overdue so I might get extravagent and spend $1 on a haircut. Then my backpack is dying, so a trip to Russian Market is probably on the agenda. Some groceries would be useful, although I do have some yummy ginger chicken in the fridge tonight. It won't last long tho. Then I might do some baking. I think I've got enough ingredients to make a batch of Anzac Biscuits, or I could buy some dried fruit and make a boiled fruit cake. Now that would be delicious. Maybe I'll do both! Oh well, tomorrow will tell. I might end up doing none of these things. Praise God that He gives the strength for each day, just when we need it! God is good, ALL the time.

Resting in Him.

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments with hyperlinks to other sites will not be published on this site.