20 March 2011

Draw near

Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you. James 4:8a

This afternoon's sermon, focusing on some of the teaching contained in the book of Hebrews, was a great reminder that God longs for us to draw near to Him. He has made the way wide open for us to draw near to Him, though Jesus.

God doesn't want us hiding in the back row, but He longs for us to get up close to Him, not just at church, but in every aspect of our lives.

He wants me close to him as I ride my moto across town. He wants me close to Him as I work in my classroom. He wants me close to Him when I go to sleep, and still close to Him when I awake in the morning. He wants me close to Him, every minute of every day!

How much does He want this? So much that Jesus gave up everything, became a human being, and then, after going through the all the experiences of life from conception through to adult hood, gave up that life to pay the price that was needed so that I could be close to Him. Thankfully He was stronger than death and after 3 days, he rose again triumphantly.

Did He do it just for me? Well He would have, but no, I cannot keep this wonderful gift to myself. He did it for you too! He did it for all of us.

Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you. James 4:8a

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments with hyperlinks to other sites will not be published on this site.