30 March 2011

God's ways are higher than ours!

This afternoon as I headed home from school I had a desire for chocolate, so I decided to make a slight detour and stop at a grocery store that I don't often visit but which is reasonably handy. To do that, I drove straight ahead through an intersection where I usually turn right, and continued along the road. There's one minor intersection before the shop I wanted to go to, and then it's on the left hand side of the road (the opposite side to where I was driving - Aussies we drive on the "right" side of the road in Cambodia rather than the "left"). As I approached the intersection I noticed a larger than expected presence of the local "boys in blue", and being uncertain as to what they were pulling people over decided it might not be a good day to make a left turn across double lines, and so decided to go with plan B!

Plan B (a cafe/dessert shop called "The Shop Too") took me further away from home, and offered many delicious temptations, but that was OK. Better temptations than an unscheduled meeting with the local boys in blue. Well, God knew all along what was going on. As I was walking in to the shop, I noticed some friends from Logos sitting inside, so I went to say "Hi!". Not having seen them for a while, it was good to see them, but then they also let me know that some other past colleagues would be joining them shortly, and they invited me to join them too! Bonus. Not only did I have a pleasant hour or so with friends, I got to see other friends who were visiting from Vietnam and to meet their gorgeous two month old baby. Then, just before I left, we were joined by yet another colleague from Logos, who had only recently returned to Cambodia. It was so good to see her!

God is so good. As I succumbed to the temptation of chocolate, He gave me the chance to catch up with several friends at once. Thank you Lord. An afternoon well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments with hyperlinks to other sites will not be published on this site.