22 December 2009

And now for the new classroom

It's done! We've officially moved. Logos International School is now at it's new address in Phnom Penh Thmei, and we are frantically trying to get things ready before people rush off on holidays for Christmas, so that we can be ready for the Grand Opening on Saturday 9th January, and the children's arrival on Monday 11th January.

At this stage my classroom is starting to look less like a haven for boxes and more like a classroom. I just have two boxes/tubs to empty. Unfortunately they are the nasty boxes containing the jumbled contents of my desk where everything just seemed to get dumped during the last days of school, especially as I fought to get the report cards done. There is also still much sorting out to do, and homes to find for some things, but I'm definitely making progress. I have one more official work day, tomorrow, when I hope to finish finding homes for everything, and then I will take a few days to enjoy Christmas with my sister & brother-in-law, as well as moving house!

Yes, after all the saga of the electricity and the roof, I am moving out. I'm moving just two streets, into a much smaller place - two bedrooms, one smaller living space, and a slightly larger kitchen - but it's all on one level (OK I've still got a nasty set of stairs to climb to get in, but once I'm in it's all on one level). The rent is such that I can afford to live on my own, with room for visitors, which I enjoy. It will take about 10 minutes to get to the new school by moto, and I also hope that I'll be able to ride a bicycle out there a couple of days a week. That currently takes about 25 minutes, although as my fitness improves I should be able to reduce that a bit. That's the goal anyway.

Well, it's time I thought about going to bed, so I'd finish off and do that. I'll try and get some photos of the new school tomorrow to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments with hyperlinks to other sites will not be published on this site.