02 December 2009

Chapel and other things

I have so many things to be thankful for. Let me just start with a list of a few:
  • a roof over my head
  • a bed to sleep in
  • a family who loves me
  • friends who care and are there when I need them
  • a job
  • all the children in my life, especially my students
  • good health
  • electricity
  • clean water
  • fans & air-conditioning
  • computers & the internet
  • books
  • the ability to learn
  • above all a God who loves me so much that He sent His only Son to this world as an infant, and who then allowed men to crucify Him, so that He could pay the price for my sin. Not only did He die, but He triumphed over death, and lives today, in me, and in the lives of many others around the world.
And I could go on much longer, but I think you get the picture.

On Tuesday morning the 4th Grade students lead the Elementary school in a chapel focusing on giving thanks to our great God. It was a good time, followed by another rehearsal for the Christmas program. Our next rehearsal will be on Friday and will be a big one (and probably long too!).

Another praise point is the provision of a new "apartment" here in Toul Kork. It is just a couple of blocks from where I currently live, with an office downstairs, and two more apartments upstairs. The stairs up to the apartment are quite steep, but once I'm up them, everything is on one level. I will move over the Christmas holidays, and hope to be well and truly settled before the new semester starts on 11th January. I have a strong sense of this apartment being God's provision for me, and am thanking Him for it.

By the way, my shower did get fixed on Saturday, and so that's another praise point.

Well, that's all for this posting. Hope you enjoyed it, and maybe those reading could comment with some other things that they are thankful for.

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments with hyperlinks to other sites will not be published on this site.