18 July 2009

Rain, glorious rain

OK, I confess, that I love the sound of rain on the tin roofs. Yes, it's raining at the moment, and I'm enjoying it. I think it's a consequence of living with drought for so many years. Fortunately for me it's not coming in through the windows today, and my house doesn't flood. Sad to say, this isn't the situation for all people in Cambodia.

It's great being on "holidays". Yesterday I had fun unpacking boxes of new teaching materials. Only a teacher could get excited about place value charts, and MABs, and Judy clocks, etc. Hopefully these things will help ensure that our students understand mathematical concepts more easily. Praise God that we have been able to strategically build our collection of math manipulatives to go with our new math program in the elementary grades.
Watch a fun movie last night - "Marley & Me" - although it was a little bit sad in places too. Tonight, I'm going to enjoy eating out with friends.
Well, I keep promising myself I'll do some tidying up, so I'm going to go and see what I can get done in the next hour or so. I'm a great procrastinator! Hmm. I need to work on that.

Bye for now
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments with hyperlinks to other sites will not be published on this site.