11 July 2009

Saturday

It's hard to believe that Saturday is almost over. This morning I went for another bike ride out to the new school. It's great seeing the progress that is being made. I think they must be getting close to putting the roof on the top floor. The scaffolding here, while just the same as on most construction sites in the country, has to be seen to be believed. It's all timber, and not neatly cut timber that bolts securely together, but all different shapes and sizes. I'm glad I don't have to climb on it. It was a hard ride today, and even with a 7.15am start was very hot. I was very glad to get home and have a cool drink!
Other jobs just haven't got done today. I ended up resting for most of the morning, and then spent the afternoon playing with the computer. I did manage to talk to Mum on Skype, which was good. She sounded good, and is looking forward to getting her camper trailer, as well as keeping busy working in the garden. It's been a hard year for the garden with so much rain, but she doesn't give up! All the rain has also made golf a challenge, and I had to chuckle at her story of buggies getting bogged on the golf course. Sometimes you have to wonder if some people really think before they do things.
Well, I still have to make sure I've got music organised for tomorrow, so I'd better get on with that. After that, maybe I'll tackle some of the "filing" that's been mounting up over the school year. I've got to get a better system in place for keeping on top of this stuff. Better do some work on my Khmer language study tomorrow as well, or I'll never make any progress.
That's it for now.
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments with hyperlinks to other sites will not be published on this site.