21 July 2009

Rats

Yes, rats. You know, those four legged creatures with a pointy nose with long whiskers & a long tail, that love to eat rubbish, carry disease, and who knows what else. Yes, I know that God must have had a reason when He created them, and I know they live in the area, but I really wasn't prepared to find a 20cm long dead one just outside my door on the balcony (and I'm on the 2nd floor)! Yucky!! At least it was outside the door! And the 20cm was not including the tail, which was probably about the same length as the body. He was big, fat, black and "fortunately" very dead. Thank you to my next door neighbour who very kindly came and disposed of the body.
Well, that's just part of the joys of living in a third world country, even in the city. Fortunately for me it doesn't happen every day, or even every month, and I seem to have been able to keep them out of the house (we are pretty vigilant about keeping doors & screens closed though).
Fortunately life is not all nasty surprises. Today's pleasure (apart from sorting out Math manipulatives) was the arrival of visitors from Australia, one of whom I hadn't seen for about 4 years. It was so good to see them here. I'm looking forward to spending some time with them.
Learning another language is hard work! I'm slowing adding to my vocabulary, and my teacher says my pronunciation is good, but my memory is really struggling. I keep getting words mixed up, or putting the words in the wrong order. I'm very thankful that my teacher is so patient with me.
Well, once again, time has got away from me, so I'd better finish off. Lots to do tomorrow as usual, so I'm going to try and get an early start! Hmm, we'll believe that when it happens.
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments with hyperlinks to other sites will not be published on this site.