26 August 2009

Peace, glorious peace

Oh boy, I think the party that has been going on right outside my gates is finally over. Not bad, it's only 10.15pm. Hooray. The music was so loud the inside windows upstairs were vibrating. Fortunately I got an SMS warning me about it before I left school, so I just stayed a little later than usual and then left the moto at school (since I couldn't have got it into the house without creating havoc) and a good friend picked me up and brought me home. Actually I only had to listen for about 30 minutes, but that was long enough for the peace to be very welcome.

So what else has been going on. Well, it's definitely rainy season. Yesterday morning it actually started to pour rain about 10 minutes before I had to leave the house, and it didn't stop so I had to put the wet weather gear on or arrive at school looking like a drowned rat. Here's a photo of me just about to leave. Actually I was still pretty dry when I got to school (under the rain coat - which is actually a huge poncho that goes on over the top of the backpack. The hood has to go on under the helmet or I'd end up with water running down the back of my neck - not a pleasant experience.) By 8am it has just about stopped, but not before the driveway at school was an inch or two deep in water!

Tomorrow I'm on staff devotions, and I'm thinking of having a simple time of praise and worship. I sometimes feel totally adequate in the face of staff who have Bible College training or who were educated at Christian universities in the US, but I know that's not what is important. What's important is that I'm here because God called me here, and because He gives me the strength to continue. I'm thinking a couple of worship songs, then break into small groups, but with the focus being solely on praising God, for who He is, for what He has done for us, and for what He is doing both at Logos and in the rest of Cambodia. So having made that decision, I guess I'd better go and print out some songs so I can make overheads in the morning instead of wasting paper.

The party is definitely over, and sleep is a distinct possibility now.

Good night!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments with hyperlinks to other sites will not be published on this site.