13 January 2010

We had electricity today

All day! That was a blessing. I'm also thanking God that it was a cooler day today. Yesterday was exhausting, and we had no electricity for most of the day. Today we had power all day, but as far as I know my air-conditioners still aren't working, and since it wasn't too hot, I didn't even try. Fortunately, since my last classroom was in a much hotter location I had a couple of pedastal fans, and they certainly helped keep the room comfortable today. The curtains, while not looking glamourous, actually match the color scheme in the classroom, and did help a little. They do at least soften the glare of the sun in the afternoons. Tomorrow is a new day, with new possibilities, and new challenges. As a friend's blog just reminded me, it's not about me, it's about the kids!

On the home front, I now have an operational washing machine, at the cost of limiting use of the second bathroom. There was no easy solution to installing the machine in the kitchen, so it is now in the second bathroom. It is still useable, but users need to be a little flexible! I'm sure my househelper will be very pleased not to have to wash by hand any more. I figured that we do laundry far more often than I have house guests, and so the cost is justifiable.

Well that's it for now. I'm off to plan a science activity for tomorrow afternoon.

In His Service

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments with hyperlinks to other sites will not be published on this site.