04 January 2010

Welcome to 2010

How quickly the days slip by when you are busy and having fun! It's hard to believe it's already almost the end of the 4th day of 2010. One thing I definitely cannot complain about here is being bored! There's just no way I have time to be bored. Moving house is finished, and I'm in the final stages of sorting the paperwork and odds & ends that have mounted up over the last two years so I can store them, file it or WPB file it!

Today I went to school for the first time since before Christmas and it was interesting to see progress in some areas, and regression in others. Fortunately it was mostly progress, although the level of dirtiness has definitely regressed. I think that the first week we were out there, we all spent time pushing brooms, and getting the place a little cleaner. Sadly, with most of the teaching staff away for the last ten days, the dust has definitely settled on the floors and shelves again. Never mind, not an insurmountable problem, and as installations are completed hopefully the dust levels will start reducing as well. Meanwhile, my noticeboards (bulletin boards) are now in the correct places, and I've been able to position shelves correctly and lay out floor mats. Still some fine tuning to do of the classroom layout, but it's getting there. Just four days to go until the Grand Opening!

We also got some work done preparing for our next round of Scholastic Book Club forms, ready to go home as soon as school goes back. I also got things moving again on our planned Book Fair. I hope and pray that I haven't left it too late to coincide with our annual Carnival.

Satruday I had the pleasure of attending the wedding of two Logos staff members, one a long term teaching assistant, and the other an expat in his third year at Logos. It was a delightful Christian wedding, with a blend of Khmer and western traditions. Congratulations Greg & Srey. It was also a good time to enjoy some fellowship with colleagues, and to meet the youngest member of the Logos family, a tiny new baby. There is something special about cuddling a newborn baby, and seeing their perfectly formed fingers and toes, and their little features. Welcome baby Calvin.

Well it's time I went and did a little more sorting before I head for bed!

G'night all.

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments with hyperlinks to other sites will not be published on this site.